Designing Heads for 3D Game Characters
Designing Heads for 3D Game Characters, Modeling 3D Heads of 3D Game Characters for gaming purposes
While modeling the head of a 3D Game characters for gaming purposes, ensure the following:
• The head should be made separately, it should be placed on the body rather than extruding and making it as a part of the body.
• The head should be connected to the skeleton and should be exported in the .chr format.
• Errors like Multi vertex colors and degenerated UVW messages can be ignored while exporting. Any other error should not be ignored and taken care off, otherwise, the morph used will not be displayed correctly.
• The head geometry should face the positive y- the direction in 3Ds Max and positive z-axis in XSI.
• Put the pivot position and rotation position at 0, 0, 0. Although, it is not mandatory but advisable as it can avoid many downstream problems that can be faced while animating the geometry.
• All morph targets need to have their pivot point at the same relative position. Note: If all the morphs behave correctly after Reset Xform has been applied, they will also behave correctly in the game.
The Imagine Studio is a 3D Game Characters Designer Studio in India which designs and delivers customized 3D Characters based on clients from the 40+ country across the globe.